Saturday, August 9, 2008

personal illustration #016

ink + watercolor

"cactus" was the name of our camping place. it seemed like a reggae cafe but turned out to be really lovely place. 
i drew this cactus character first on a detachable sheet and decided to give it to the owners of the place. but i got embarrassed somehow and asked my friend to give it for me. when he gave the drawing, he said their menu sheets were a bit lame and i did this drawing for replacement. when i heard this, my embarrassment grew bigger and bigger and i thought it would be best to talk them and explain things. when i did, they said it was lovely and would look great on the menu. it was really flattering, and i offered to design the menus based on the character. i'm still not sure if they were serious or not but they accepted my offer with joy and left every decision to me. well, i'll try some designs in the following days, we will all see how this will turn out.

No comments: