Saturday, August 9, 2008

illustration friday / sail


ink + watercolor

being a flying witch.. it should be like sailing through the stars.. the whole idea was this. 
but i just couldn't manage to make this properly. this is my first version. i wasn't sure what was wrong about this and finally decided the yellow contour was the error. 

ink + watercolor

and i came up with this. but it still doesn't feel right.. i think i'm convinced that i'm really bad at background coloring, after having a look at my previous background-less illustrations..

oh, also i wonder why witches fly only at night.. afraid to be seen? not likely..


ink + photoshop

alright, this is my final attempt and then i'm giving up on this week's subject. anyhow, this digitalized version seems more like it. 

3 comments:

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I like the last one too. :) It works and the colors are perfect. I like the texture on her clothes. :)

Dana S. Whitney said...

It's hard when re-working an idea not to change more than just one thing! I liked the top one for the greater prominence of Madame Sailor... and the VERY simple moon... but when the yellow outline went away, so did some of the focal point focus and simplicity. Hats off to you for the effort, though... that's why my IF efforts tend to be digital!

Bella Sinclair said...

She's a cute little witch. I think she should fly around in the day, too, so more people could enjoy the sight of her. Kudos to you for persisting. Although I liked the first one quite well, the deeper colors of the digital version are wonderful.